Countdown is on!!!!!!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Week 8 - Scale or not to Scale

Well another .8lbs down with only 13.6lbs to go. It’s so exciting seeing numbers on the scale that I can’t ever remember seeing. I know I saw them once when I was in my late teens early twenties. I saw 154lbs on Saturday, a day before the weigh in but my food choices caused the scale to go up to 156lbs by the time Sunday morning rolled around. I didn’t eat anything crazy just bread (subway and homemade Pizza), which I normally don’t consume on a regular basis.

I missed my workout last night because of a sore throat, the kind that feels like razor blades when you swallow. I thought it was strep but woke up this morning and its not as painful so I’ll just keep sucking on lozenges and hope it goes away soon. If I want to get into the 140’s I can’t be missing anymore workouts, I have to keep reminding myself that every day for the next 4 weeks.

I’m trying not to focus on the scale too much but who’s kidding who. I’m the type of person who steps on the scale probably 5 times a day. To me, it keeps me focused, some might think I’m obsessed but I’m not…honestly. I think the moment I don’t care what it says is when I’ll lose control and revert back to old habits. The scale has become, in some crazy way, my full length mirror. I know the number, it continues to go down with exercise and great food choices. The minute I don’t exercise or eat poorly, it shows on the scale. I have a colleague who’s decided to toss her scale, I can’t even imagine the anxiety I would feel if I couldn’t see what I weighed every morning.

Well maybe I have to be honest with myself and realize it may be a bit of an obsession but it has helped me lose 86lbs and it will continue to help me keep the pounds off. I don’t ever change what I eat because of the scale, I just continue to eat clean and have an indulgence once a month. But I am aware of my food choices and the effect they have on the scale.

So I will continue to eat clean and focus on getting to every workout and giving it 110% for the next 4 weeks and see how close I get to achieving my goal of 100lb weightloss.

No comments:

Post a Comment